March 27 The fam

Sterling won a ticket to a baseball game for reading at the local minor league ballpark so the rest of us bought tickets and went--you know, because hers was free. Sawyer was our family sports enthusiast so since he died we haven't done much of anything athletic or sportsy. It was tough I have to admit. We were missing him and feeling out of place more so than usual at these types of events. But Sterling walked in the parade, we ate our cotton candy and funnel cake, and left after the third inning. Grayson couldn't believe how many innings were left at the time we took off.
But as we were sitting in the stands our song from our time in the DR came blaring over the loudspeaker. We played that song at Sawyer's Celebration of Life. Danza Kuduro. Every time I hear it, usually never in public, it transports me back to such a happy place where Sawyer was at his peak, laughing and loving and living outrageously. I shed a quiet tear and smiled as I thought of him "ghost hassling" the DJ to play that song. It is almost impossible for me to feel his presence so I am overwhelmed when I feel connected to him.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 16, 2020 - Jaime