May 16, 2018 Miranda, Our Good Samaritan

For wearing #mysawyerbracelet

"Today, as we discussed the parable of the Good Samaritan while hiking between Jericho and Jerusalem, I thought of the “Samaritans” in my own life that have stopped to help me when I’ve been beaten and defeated on the road of life. Words cannot express how grateful I am to these individuals that did not pass me by, but stopped as the Samaritan did, and helped me on my journey.
We will all at some point in our lives be on that “Jericho road”. Be the Good Samaritan. Don’t pass by someone in need. I hope I’ve been that Good Samaritan in someone else’s life, just as others have been for me."

“And Jesus said, a certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him, and wounded him, leaving him half dead.... But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him... Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell?... Go, and do thou likewise.” Luke 10: 30-37
 — in Jericho, West Bank.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 16, 2020 - Jaime